Focus on disability in financial services
An introduction to our thought paper on where the financial services industry is at when it comes to the oft-neglected diversity strand of disability, including changing stakeholder pressures, evolving definitions of disability, de-prioritisation of data, and shifting to a broader discussion than representation.
We will hear from and discuss how a range of financial services firms are developing their approaches to disability.
• Jenny Barrow, senior adviser, New Financial, will make opening remarks on what we have seen financial services companies doing around disability recently,
• Diane Lightfoot, CEO of Business Disability Forum, on changes she is seeing in corporate approaches to disability, what is driving those changes, key areas of focus and similarities/differences to the FS sector specifically,
• Ian Donohue MBE, accessibility technology expert at the Financial Conduct Authority who leads the FCA’s digital accessibility initiative,
• Sarah Guerra, head of culture, diversity and inclusion at the Bank of England, which is refreshing its disability strategy,
• Ann O’Donoghue, global inclusive development lead at Barclays, which is publishing a white paper on disability,
• Ray Milne, CRO and sponsor of the disability awareness network at Schroders Personal Wealth.
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Virtual Event