Roundtable discussion with Rachel Kent, chair of the Independent Research Review
The Investment Research Review was announced by the Chancellor on 9 December 2022 as part of the Edinburgh Reforms to drive growth and competitiveness in the financial services sector. This in-person discussion will be an opportunity to ask questions and put forward your perspectives on the review.
The event will focus on:
• How does investment research in the UK compare with other markets?
• What has happened to the provision, amount, value and quality of research over the past decade?
• To what extent has this been the result of a) regulatory changes and b) other factors?
• Which sectors of the market are most impacted by the changes in investment research (eg. smaller companies, life science / tech firms)?
• How important is the quality and provision of research to the attractiveness of public equity markets to issuers and investors?
• What regulatory and other changes could be made to address this problem?
We expect participants to be a combination of equity research specialists from buy- and sellside, policy specialists and policymakers.
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: email@example.com
Location: 1 Duchess Street, London W1W 6AN