Roundtable with Toby Nangle to discuss ‘The $1 trillion blind spot for asset managers’
A roundtable discussion with Toby Nangle, focussing on his newly launched initiative, ‘Principals with principles’, which puts forward the business case for asset managers to change their approach to managing money for authoritarian states with terrible human rights records.
Toby is the former global head of asset allocation at Columbia Threadneedle Investments and has worked in the asset management industry for 25 years. Before Columbia Threadneedle he worked at Baring Asset Management for 15 years. He left the industry last summer to work on developing the Principals with Principles Charter. He is a regular commentator on financial markets, most recently on the LDI crisis in the UK.
The event will touch upon:
• What the scale and nature of the problem is
• How asset managers can better assess the risks involved
• How this fits into ESG and responsible investing – particularly the S in ESG
• What the challenges are in taking a stronger stance on this issue
• What the potential benefits are
• What a charter encouraging best practice might look like
We expect participants to be a combination of specialists in responsible investment, ESG / sustainable investment (particularly the ‘S’ / social), and policy.
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 1 Duchess Street, London W1W 6AN