The Covid crisis, capital markets & the UK economy – with the Economic Secretary to the Treasury / City Minister John Glen MP
The discussion The Covid crisis, capital markets & the UK economy will be based on our recent report in collaboration with BNP Paribas on The value of capital markets to the UK economy that analyses the importance of capital markets to UK companies and the central role they play in supporting the wider UK economy – and our more recent work on how capital markets can help fuel an economic recovery in the wake of the Covid crisis.
- John Glen MP – Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister
- Tracy Blackwell – chief executive, Pension Insurance Corporation
- Stephen Dainton – global head of markets, Barclays
- Peter Harrison – chief executive, Schroders
- Anne Marie Verstraeten – UK country head, BNP Paribas Group
Topics for discussion will include:
- How important are capital markets to UK Plc and UK Ltd?
- What is the economic impact of capital markets on the UK economy?
- How has the industry responded to the Covid crisis?
- What role can the industry play in fuelling an economic recovery and in helping ‘level up’ the UK?
- How can the industry better communicate the role it plays in society? And what does it need to change?
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: email@example.com
Location: Virtual event