The Swiss perspective on Brexit – with HE Alexandre Fasel, the Swiss Ambassador to the UK
Few countries are as closely bound the to the EU without being part of it as Switzerland. Since Ambassador Fasel spoke at a New Financial dinner last year, the Brexit quagmire has deepened and tensions in Switzerland’s own relationship with the EU have increased and spilled over into the withdrawal of equivalence for Swiss stock markets.
The dinner with Ambassador Fasel is impeccable timing (as you might expect) coming the week after the European Council meeting and just 10 days ahead of Brexit. He will discuss some of the following topics:
- What is the ‘Swiss perspective’ on Brexit?
- What impact could Brexit have on Anglo-Swiss relations, trade and investment?
- What are the implications of Brexit for future EU-Swiss relations and market access?
- What lessons can the UK learn from Switzerland in terms of its future engagement and relations with the EU – and what should it avoid?
- How could the UK and Switzerland play a closer role together on the global stage in future, particularly in financial services?
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: email@example.com
Location: 23 Grafton Street, London W1S 4EY