‘The future of CMU and EU capital markets on the other side of Brexit’ with Isabel Benjumea MEP
Isabel Benjumea was elected as an MEP for the European People’s Party in May 2019. She is Vice-Chair of the Committee on Regional Development and a member of the ECON Committee. She was the rapporteur for the ECON Committee on its own report on CMU, published in September last year. She previously worked at the World Bank, her own successful luxury tourism company, and at several think tanks.
Some of the topics for discussion will include:
- What impact has the Covid crisis had on CMU? (Injecting urgency but also distracting attention)
- How does Brexit change the direction and urgency of CMU?
- The politics of CMU – converting commitment into concrete action
- What does strategic autonomy mean in the context of CMU?
- Where does CMU not go far enough / go too far?
New Financial events are by invitation only – for more information please contact: email@example.com